Ashburn Stoves Ltd Trade As Ashburn Stoves & Heating
Specific products and services, for example those supplied in line with MCS standards for renewable heating, carry their own terms and conditions which are attached to the relevant contracts.
Ashburn Stoves Ltd GDPR privacy statement
We recommend that you print off a copy of this Policy and any future versions in force from time to time for your records.
• Our details
• How we collect or obtain personal information about you
• Personal information we collect or obtain about you
• How we use your personal information
• How long we retain your personal information
• How we secure your personal information
• Your rights in relation to your personal information
• Your right to object to the processing of your personal information for certain purposes
• Consequences of not providing your personal information to us
• Changes to your information
• Reporting breaches
This summary provides an overview of how we obtain, store and use your personal information.
It is intended to provide a clear and easily understood report of our relevant activities.
Ashburn is a small/micro business with clear and uncomplicated processes, however we are aware of our obligations and take these seriously.
Data controller: Directors of Ashburn Stoves Ltd
Data Processors: Directors of Ashburn Stoves or their employees under direction
How we collect or obtain your information:
• When it is provided to us as part of the performance of a contract, sale or transaction in the normal course of the legitimate interest of our business or of the customer
• From your use of our website or enewsletters, following a positive opt-in request
• From events and exhibition that we attend, following a positive opt-in request
• From third parties where an individual’s positive opt-in has been obtained and can be demonstrated
Personal information we may collect: name, contact details, the nature of our relationship, BACS or Direct Payment details, VAT number, property details relevant to our services, the names of company directors and executives
How we use your personal information: for administrative and business purposes in relation to our services, to receive or make payment, to improve our business and website, for marketing and analytical purposes, in connection with our legal rights and obligations. We only keep information for a period relevant to the purpose of the data, or as defined by Law (for example accounting Data).
Disclosure of your personal information to third parties: only to the extent necessary to run our business, fulfil any contracts we enter into with you including servicing and warranty services, where required by law or to enforce our legal rights.
Do we sell personal information to third parties: No, never
How long do we retain your personal information: for no longer than necessary, taking into account any legal obligations we have (e.g. to maintain records for tax purposes) and any other legal basis we have for using your personal information e.g. your consent, performance of a contract with you, servicing and warranty purposes or our legitimate interests as a business.
How we secure your personal information: using appropriate technical and organisational measures such as:
• Use of firewalls and security software on our computers and networks
• Use of strong passwords
• Use of specialist reputable third parties for financial transactions and record keeping, such as our Bank, Credit Card Merchants, enews letter processing and CRM system
• Restricting access to our network
• Electronic data which is no longer required is deleted. Hard copy material which contains identifiable date is shredded prior to disposal
• We use mailchimp for enewsletters as it is reliable and reputable software. Mailchimp provides reports on its interaction with subscribers. All subscriber information is protected with passwords and all enewsletters provide an opt-out for users
Your rights in relation to your personal information: you have right –
• to access your personal information and to be informed about its use
• to correct your personal information
• to have your personal information deleted #
• to restrict the use of your personal information #
• to object to the use of your personal information
• to complain to a supervisory authority
• to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information #
# unless it is required in the performance of a contract with you, tax or accountancy reporting, servicing and warranty purposes or our legitimate interests as a business
Consequences of not providing your personal information to us:
Ashburn require certain information in order to conduct the lawful management of the business, for example accounting for Tax. Refusal to provide relevant information will restrict our ability to provide goods and services to you, including Warranty and Servicing support.
Changes will be posted on our website and can be obtained from the address below.
Changes to your information:
You can provide changes to your Data at the address below.
If we believe we have suffered a breach in our data management, we will pro-actively report this through the correct channels to the office of the data commissionaire and subsequently inform anyone affected.
Our contact details:
The data controller in respect of our activity is Ashburn Stoves Ltd, Company Registration No: 8382637
You can contact the data controller by writing to The Directors. Ashburn Stoves Ltd. Unit 10 Victoria Mill, Boot Street BB18 6UX or sending an email to hello@AshburnStoves.co.uk
GDPR policy ends ————————————————–
Terms & Conditions
The web site www.ashburnheating.co.uk is owned and operated by Bruce Mills trading as Ashburn Heating (Ashburn). Ashburn Heating are the preferred installer for Ashburn Stoves Ltd
Product information is offered in good faith, but should only be regarded as a guide. Confirm any details before making any purchasing or contractual arrangements. E&OE.
Neither Ashburn nor any of their associates or employees can accept any liability for errors or omissions on our web site, literature or other information given in good faith. We make every effort to provide accurate information, but errors and omissions are possible. Dimensions and other specifications given on this site are mostly as provided by the manufacturer and may be approximate (sometimes manufacturer-supplied information is contradictory). Specifications may change without notice. Please confirm any specific details before ordering.
All prices in our price guides exclude VAT at the prevailing rate. All goods and prices are subject to availability from our suppliers. We accept payment by BACS, cheque, credit and debit card or PayPal. Title to goods remains with Ashburn until paid for in full, however risk of goods is the customers from delivery onwards.
Ashburn does not include delivery costs in the published prices. Delivery costs are calculated on each order based on the size, weight and location. As all deliveries differ in cost we do not subsidise distant deliveries with local ones.
• Appliance delivery in mainland UK can range between approximately £80.00 to £100.00. Certain Highland and Northern Ireland postcodes incur an extra charge. Pellet boilers and large heat stores take the space of two pallets and are more expensive to deliver accordingly. We are happy to confirm delivery costs, just contact us and ask.
• Payments must be cleared before goods can be released from stock.
• Dispatch for delivery normally takes 3-4 days but can take up to two weeks depending on availability. It can take up to six weeks in some instances for special orders, if the lead time is longer than six weeks you will be informed by email of the estimated lead time for your goods.
• We do not deliver stoves or boilers outside the UK and Northern Ireland. You will be contacted before your order is processed to confirm eligibility.
• Your goods may be delivered on an articulated lorry with a tail lift. Please let us know upon order if there is a problem with access and we can make alternative delivery arrangements.
• Stoves, boilers and heat stores are very bulky and heavy. There will be one driver who will help, but we suggest you have at least one other person with you to assist.
• The driver will move the goods to the nearest wheel point, depending on access. The driver will be unable to move the goods across gravelled or unfinished drives, through narrow openings, or up steps. If in doubt organise a weatherproof cover to protect your investment if unable to deliver into a building.
• We must advise that you check the goods while the driver is still there. The driver is obliged to wait with you up to 15 minutes (for palletised goods only), whilst you unpack the goods.
• If the driver refuses to wait then please mark the goods as damaged on the delivery note, so you are covered for all eventualities.
• If you have checked the goods and they are found to be damaged, please mark this clearly on the delivery note.
• If you sign the delivery note without indicating damage of goods you are accepting that they reached you in good condition. If you subsequently find damage that should have been detected upon inspection at time of delivery we cannot be held responsible for such.
• If goods are damaged please contact us, quoting your Order Reference and Delivery Note, and we will ensure replacement parts are sent out immediately. We may request photographic evidence of the damage and the return of the damaged goods.
• If you are unavailable when your palletised goods are delivered at your pre-booked time, then re-delivery charges will apply.
• If you are unavailable when package goods are delivered, the courier company will leave a note, explaining how to re-arrange delivery for a more convenient time.
• If you cancel an order after it has been dispatched, we regret that you will be charged for the return delivery costs, even if the products have not reached your address.
Pictures & Images
All sizes and measurements are approximate. We do however try to ensure that all sizes, measurements and images on the web site and literature are as accurate as possible. All pictures on the web sites and literature are for illustrative purpose only, and may not exactly match the product itself. Colours may vary to those illustrated and can look different on individual computer screens. We never knowingly publish misleading or incorrect product descriptions or images.
Privacy & Security – also see GDPR policy
All personal details that you give us are securely stored. We will never supply or sell any customers details to any outside organisation. We do not store any bank, credit or debit card details.
Costs Incurred by You
We are not liable for any costs incurred by you or any loss of earnings. For example if a delivery is delayed in any way and you have to rebook an installer then we are not liable for any extra charges that the installer may charge you. We always recommend that you do not book an installer until you are in receipt of the goods. We are also not liable for any loss of earnings as a result of you taking time off work to accept a delivery even if it is late or delayed.
The use of this website – also see GDPR policy
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• Contact information including email address
• Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests
• Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
• We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
For surveys and newsletters we will only contact people who have indicated that they are happy to receive information from us.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on-line.
All payment information is collected by and managed by PayPal. We dot directly collect or handle this information ourselves.
As with most websites, cookies are used in the following manner. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the web site.
Links to other web sites
Our web site may contain links to enable you to visit other web sites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information – also see GDPR policy
You can unsubscribe from our mailing lists by selecting the unsubscribe link on any automated news or information we send to you, or you can contact us at any time requesting to be removed from our Mailing List.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are compelled to do so by law.
General Terms and Conditions:
Visitors who use this website and rely on any information do so at their own risk.
If you are under 16, please get a parent’s or guardian’s permission before taking part in any on-line community. Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else(for example, school, telephone number, your full name, home address or email address).
We are not responsible for the contents or reliability of any other websites to which we provide a link and do not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them.
All materials on this site are protected by copyright and intellectual property laws. Unless stated otherwise, you may access and download the materials located on this website only for personal, non-commercial use.
By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with us you agree to grant us, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way we want(including modifying or deleting it). In order that we can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any UK laws and that you have the right to give us permission to use it for the purposes specified above.
You must not use our website in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity. The majority of content posted in this forum is created by members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of this website or its owners. We accept no responsibility for any loss or harm incurred.
We do not warrant that functions available on this website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the server that makes it available is free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
The laws of England and Wales shall govern your use of the site and you hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Except for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, this organisation, its officers, employees, contractors or content providers shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from or otherwise in connection with your use of this website or any information, services or content on this website.
The Old Moorcock Inn
Blacko Summit. Gisburn Road